10 Fascinating Facts About Butterflies
Who doesn’t enjoy witnessing one of these winged beauties in flight? From their brightly colored bodies to the effortless motion that seems in sync with some unheard symphony, butterflies are an insect each of us can appreciate. But how much do we know about them? This list includes 10 cool facts about butterflies that are sure to make you think about butterflies in a whole new way.
1. Butterfly wings are transparent
2. There are almost 20,000 butterfly species
If you’d ever considered memorizing all the various species of butterflies, it may take longer than you were anticipating. An easier starting point would be those species regularly occurring in the lower 48 states of the US. Still, that number is right around 575, so we’re recommending note cards or, perhaps, focusing on the butterflies you find in and around your yard this spring and summer.
3. Butterflies use their feet to taste
4. Butterflies only live for a few weeks
5. The most common butterfly in the US is the Cabbage White
6. Some butterfly species migrate from the cold
7. One of the largest butterflies is the Giant Swallowtail Butterfly
Sed quis constituto ut, his in doming lucilius pertinacia, error nostrud percipitur at duo. Iuvaret et patrioque vix. Ubique nostrum laboramus.